So there’s this guy that we work with from time to time; he’s one of those “uppity blogger” types. I think he does something with Search Engine Optimization too… but who knows what’s really behind that boss goatee. Apparently he “liked” Facebook’s popular … “Like” … system and wanted to grab that functionality for his own, somewhat questionable, devices. All kidding aside, the team and MIND was contacted to develop a WordPress Plugin that is THE “Like” button from facebook… now available on your blog – as of yesterdays announcement at the F8 conference from Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. Using The Facebook Universal Like button a user can add the “Like” button to any post. When a visitor “Likes” your post it will show up on their Facebook page (after they login of course). You then get yet another non-substantial feather in your cap in the form of a thumbs up (+1)! WEEEEEEEE!!!
* Download the plugin (current version: 1.1).
* Unzip the compressed file to your wp-content/plugins folder.
* Browse to the Plugins page under wp-admin and activate the plugin.
* Setting the options: Browse to Settings->WP FB Like Button.
* Use your own CSS by referencing div ID “wp_fb_like_button” (note that this is only the container for the iframe)
Like, do you like it? We hope you do!
Thanks to Chicago SEO for helping us push the v1.0.2 release!
Zim (aka David) is a web developer and co-founder of MIND. He does not write that often, and when he does, you'll be glad!